||Project Geotechnical Engineer
|Temp or Perm:
||0141 226 8155
NRL's client, a multi-discipline consultancy, is looking to recruit a Project Geotechnical Engineer on a permanent basis, for this base in the Central Belt of Scotland.
About the role:
We are looking for a candidate who can log soils to both Eurocode and British Standards, interpret geological information and raw ground investigation data to determine a characteristic ground model. The candidate will be required to attend site as part of this role.
Typical projects include the requirement for bearing capacity and settlement calculations, temporary works design, crane pad/piling platform design, retaining wall design, foundation design (including piling) and road design.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of practical work experience. An MSc in geotechnical engineering would be considered advantageous, and working towards Chartership.
The candidate should be able to:
- Design and manage multi-disciplinary site investigations
- Review, sort and manipulate AGS data to generate a ground model
- Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects
- Carry out bearing capacity calculations without supervision
- Undertake settlement analysis
- Operate geotechnical software/programming, such as Holebase, Limit State Geo, Settle 3D or equivalent
- Write GIR & GDR (interpretative reporting and design)
- Design temporary works and enabling elements (e.g. temporary access which could include rams, haul roads for construction, bridging over pipelines)
- Design permanent works i.e. foundations
- Co-ordinate with other engineers and other teams
- The candidate should also be familiar with conditions of contract for ground investigation and be experienced in managing/supervising sub-contractors and controlling budgets.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits package including option to buy additional holidays, private health care and life assurance.
- Contributory pension scheme.