|Job Title:||Project Controls Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
The project we are recruiting for is a major programme with the objective of extending the UK submarine reactor core manufacturing capability. The Project Controls Manager is responsible for providing project controls expertise and guidance as a member of the major project PCM leadership team. An additional accountability is to lead an improvement taskforce in identifying and driving performance improvement changes enhancing project controls function in the longer term. This will require a seasoned PCM capable of balancing monthly reporting requirements of RR and MOD Project Boards with more strategic performance enhancing actions which lead to tangible performance benefits in the longer term.
Project Control Accountabilities:
- Assist with the ‘translation’ of Project Controls discussions between MoD and RR, oversee any subsequent changes to procedures and reporting.
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly review and reporting required for project Governance, these include EVM reports, dashboards and contribution to overview presentations.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Programme’s Project Controls team, particularly when rolling process improvement and changes.
- Oversight of PCM related processes including Baseline Change Control and Risk Management processes, ensure KPI’s associated are appropriate and accurate for reporting input.
- Liaise with MoD stakeholders and RR PMO and Planning managers presenting identified performance improvements and agreeing implementation strategies.
- Oversight of our clients’ invoicing and monthly internal reporting, this requires a knowledge of broader programme performance, risks and commercial knowledge of framework contracts.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Programme Controls team, our clients’ resources and the wider programme (where possible).
In leading improvement task force activities, it is anticipated that a seasoned project controls manager will be proactively involved in day to day project controls activities (above) and in doing so, identify process improvements. The overall objective is to deliver better with less resource. Once proposed improvements are agreed with Client Project Controls leadership, the PCM will be accountable for implementing, communicating and coaching changes sufficiently for them to become future practice ‘norms’. Key areas of required improvement are as follows:
- Month End Process Improvements required to inject efficiencies into the month end process, ultimately reducing the work load and time taken to process month end (currently 3 weeks).
- Future Project Cost Estimating, particularly new build construction and plant definition estimate collation and forecasting and subsequent implementation updates of the afore mentioned.
- Risk Management; Ensuring consistency of application of Risk Management process, particularly for probability and impact weightings, also updating procedures and process quality assurance.
- Project Baselining, of requirements and scope, estimates and risk, in doing so ensuring that the baseline is sufficiently configurable throughout the delivery of extremely complex projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years PCM experience, ideally on highly technical projects in Defence/ Nuclear sector.
- Previous technical delivery experience would be advantageous (i.e. Project Engineer or Management).
- Desirable education: Relevant Degree or equivalent.