|Job Title:||Project Controls Engineer|
|Salary||£38000 per annum|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Our client, a leading global nuclear contractor, are currently recruiting for a Project Controls Engineer to support a nuclear new build project in the Bristol area. This is a permanent opportunity.
As part of the Responsible Designer for the Hinkley Point C project, our Client provides Engineering Design support for the Balance of the Nuclear Island (BNI). This role is a member of a large integrated team seconded into Client team focused on providing high quality design, engineering knowledge & expertise.
Our Client is looking for a project controls engineer with experience of earned value management to join the project controls team to set up the earned value management processes and to support the project controls team in general project controls activities.
The Project Controls Engineer will:
- Review project controls processes in place.
- Recommend and agree EVM processes for Client activities ensuring compliance with the central project controls EVM processes.
- Manage the implementation of EVM.
- Facilitate the understanding of EVM within the engineering teams.
- Provide project controls support to the site design liaison team – KPI reporting, cost management, contractual management.
- Working with the engineering team reporting to the Project Controls Manager
- Previous experience of project controls and earned value management.
- Educated to degree standard.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative.
- Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines.
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- Ability to identify continuous improvements.
- Fluent in English – written & verbal.
- Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment.
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects.
- French language skills – written & verbal – able to produce technical documents in French.
Software & Tools:
- MS Office & Outlook – essential.
- Excel – advanced user.