|Job Title:||Project Civil/Structural Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in Grangemouth are looking to recruit a Project Civil/Structural Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- We are seeking a confident and enthusiastic Chartered or near Chartered Engineer to strengthen our engineering team and provide our clients with complete design and consultancy services developing solutions from concept design through to detailed design and the role will also involve coordination of design work and management of projects, ensuring that quality standards are adhered to and that designs are value engineered fit for purpose and are innovative in nature.
- Responsible for producing preliminary and detailed designs in conjunction with client, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Will liaise directly with clients and assist the clients in achieving their aspirations.
- Responsible for working as part of a project team.
- Mentor and provide direction to Graduate Engineers and technicians.
- Review and check designs and drawings.
- Produce design deliverables to high level of quality ensuring that all design work meets with the relevant technical and quality standards.
- Coordinate designs with both internal design teams, other design contractors / vendors.
- Assist with the pulling together of commercial bids and the production of tender documentation.
- A willingness to work outside current experience/comfort zone, (with support from Engineering Principals)
What you will need?
- You will be Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering and have relevant work experience
- Be a Chartered or near Chartered Engineer
- Our client are engaged in the design of dynamic and blast resistant structures so someone with an interest in dynamics and more unusual structural problems would be ideal. Experience with common structural analysis programmes including SAP 2000 and Lusas is preferable (but not essential).
- Membership of The Institution of Civil Engineers/ Institution of Structural Engineers
- Must have a broad experience of all stages of the design and construction process.
- Experience of site visits, checking site conditions/resolving problems with contractors.
- Experience of working to tight time scales and managing multiple projects at any one time.
What’s in it for you?
- This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer to further their career in an exciting, challenging and inspirational environment.