|Job Title:||Procurement Specialist|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01324 625 227|
A substantial market leader in their field is seeking to recruit a Procurement Specialist on a Staff basis.
The Procurement specialist is responsible for the contracts administration of 3rd party service providers inclusive of labour.
About the role:
- To identify suitable sources of supply, for low cost/low risk commodity items and services
- Negotiate cost to achieve best competitive price in the market for area of spend under your control
- Expedite key items of equipment and materials and services including Mechanical, Electrical, Scaffolding
- Manage Purchase to pay procurement credit card process ensuring all levels of control from demand execution to payment process
- Weekly /Monthly reporting of exceptional items
- Identifying areas of risk to the specialist for action
- Raising Purchase Orders and issuing to suppliers within a timely manner (typically within 48 hrs of approval)
- Maintaining key document control interface information.
- Maintaining Strategy database
What you will need:
- Previous experience in purchasing
- Ability to identify opportunities, which will enhance purchasing processes to add value.
- Be financially astute and commercially aware to maximise benefit to the company in its dealings with suppliers
- MCIPS Qualified or working towards it
- Able to manage own performance and the performance of suppliers and identify and implement performance improvement measures.
- Understand the business process of its customers and proactively integrate these with the purchasing processes.
- Ability to communicate fluently with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
Attractive Salary negotiable
- Long term security
- 37.5 hr working week
- Full Staff employments benefits
- Annual Holiday entitlement