|Job Title:||Process Engineering Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are recruiting on behalf of a major Oil & Gas business based in Woking on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to continue career development with an industry leader.
About the role:
The Project Engineering Manager will be technically responsible for all engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. They will manage and lead a team of Multi-discipline Engineers to coordinate production of engineering deliverables in accordance with the project plan.
- Formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues with support from consultants and discipline Engineers and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Monitoring the engineering progress, addresses shortfalls, develops recovery plans where required and ensures plans are implemented. Provides feedback to Project Manager and engineering discipline supervisors as and when required on the progress.
- Attending project review meetings and ensures that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
- Reviewing the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares/reviews man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Identify a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning/scheduling all engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
- Supervise the production of the project execution plan and coordination procedures for the project.
- Approving all engineering deliverables and ensures appropriate personnel in place to undertake competent checking across all disciplines.
- Provides support to procurement including long lead items enquiry: approves Technical Requisitions, vendor documentation reviews and Technical Bid Evaluation to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
What you will need:
The successful candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably with Chartered Status. They will have significant related project management experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry. We require someone with very strong knowledge of FEED/ Details Design and EPC project. Excellent leadership, communication and attention to detail skills are important for the role.
What’s in it for you:
- Permanent opportunity
- Career development supported by a global business
- Competitive Salary and benefits scheme