|Job Title:||Process Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for Process Engineers to work in Cork with a global engineering consultancy.
Process Design Basis
- Applies process design criteria, guidelines, and contract requirements to process design work.
- May be responsible for interacting with licensors, including establishing design basis and licensor evaluation.
- Applies process design criteria and guidelines to all phases of process engineering.
- Prepares flow diagrams and participates in flow diagram reviews.
- Understands the importance of the flow diagram as a communication tool to other disciplines.
- Is able to prepare and review flow diagrams with total information to correspond to the flow sequence, operability, and the safety of the unit/system.
- Answers questions, with confidence, from other disciplines and clients as to the requirement/function of each item on the flow sheet.
- Back checks, updates, and ensures consistency with related design documents such as specification sheets and with other units.
- Prepares and reviews metallurgy flow diagrams.
- Prepares process and utility equipment specification sheets. May be responsible for design of a system or a complete unit.
- Understands importance of the equipment specification sheet as a communication tool with other disciplines.
- Prepares equipment duty specifications for all equipment including complex equipment such as reactors.
- Prepares detail design specification for all equipment.
- Reviews input from other disciplines for compatibility with process design for all equipment.
- Prepares instrumentation process data; Assists in establishing control philosophy for relatively complex control systems to meet process objectives, including safety.
- Prepares control valves process data, relief valve data, analyser data.
- Interprets control philosophy of relatively complex control systems.
- Reviews control systems specification sheets for consistency with process data
- Reviews logic diagrams for relatively simple loops.
- Evaluates alternative control strategies to meet process objectives.
- Performs specifications/calculations and technical studies.
- Completes conceptual developments of a major system and performs all necessary calculations for process design of systems and equipment within the assigned area.
- Performs relatively complex technical studies under general supervision.
- Ensures that calculations are legible, well organized, correctly references as to equipment/system, dated, and signed.
- Reviews and approves equipment bid tabulations and vendor data.
- Expeditiously reviews equipment requests for quotes, purchase requests, bid tabulations and vendor data for conformance to specifications, process compatibility, safety and operability.
- Ensures consistency of vendor data with other design documents such as flow diagrams, area classifications drawings, utility summaries, etc
- Plant Safety/Operability
- Responsible for performing various process engineering work functions in a manner that will provide a safe and operable plant
- Understands obligations and authority to make appropriate design decisions necessary for plant safety and operability.
- Identifies potentially lethal/toxic substances and designs the systems handling those substances in accordance with established Jacobs/Client procedures.
- Reviews the unit/plant layout for unsafe piping/equipment arrangement and for adequate access to critical valves.
- Assists in specification of any required safety systems (eye-washers, safety-showers, gas detectors, etc).
- Assists in the production of plant operating manuals. May assume overall responsibility for manuals relatively fewer complex units.
- Understands and applies guidelines developed by others regarding the required contents of the operating manuals.
- Writes assigned sections of the manuals for complex units or writes complete manuals for less complex units. The manuals should be technically correct, complete, and clearly written.
- Assists in process field work.
- Shows a willingness to accept field assignments to fulfil project requirements (personal circumstances permitting).
- Performs, under general supervision, a plant checkout as required to ensure flow diagrams and designs have been correctly implemented and all tie-in correctly located.
- Assists, under general supervision, in operator training programs as required.
- Assists, under general supervision, in plant start-up and /or plant performance testing as required.
- Assists, under general supervision, in writing of the Process Final Job Report.
- Becomes knowledgeable of and adapts to the construction/operation environment.
Educational Professional Qualifications Required:
- The basic requirement is a chemical engineering degree
- The successful candidate will have design experience of Biotechnology, Small Molecule API Synthesis, Fill Finish, Oral Dosage; Facility Design and Operation mainly gained within an engineering design office
- Active membership in a professional body, such as the IChemE, ISPE, PDA, EI, etc. is expected as a demonstration of self-development and professional qualification
- Ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines
- Organized and adaptable with a flexible approach to Design experience