|Job Title:||Process Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for Senior and mid-level Process Engineers to work in our client’s design offices in Cork working on a Pharmaceutical project in the Netherlands.
About the role:
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of process design and requisitioning deliverables on a specific project within his/her scope as assigned by the Lead Process Engineer or Project Manager. He/she must ensure that the Company SOPs are adhered to in project execution, considering any specific contractual requirements.
The Senior Process Engineer may at times be required to perform the Lead Process Engineer role on small projects and engage as part of the Process Engineering Lead Team for larger projects (as an Area Lead for example). This role requires the Senior Process Engineer to take responsibility for delivery, cost, schedule, resource management & planning and progress reporting.
He/she must ensure that appropriate process input is provided to other disciplines to ensure the intent of the process design is maintained throughout the project cycle.
- Provide input to manhour estimation and project schedule for his/her specific project area.
- Plan process engineering activities and process resources assigned by the Lead Process Engineer to ensure project schedule is met.
- To assist in review of Client documentation for acceptability
- Assist in preparation and /or approval of changes to the process design as required for operational, safety, or other issues which may arise during the design and ensures involvement of appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensures project standards and philosophies are employed within the process design.
- Ensure that all documentation within the scope of his/her responsibility is prepared, checked and approved by individuals with the appropriate level of competency and in accordance with the clients SOPs or project-specific requirements.
- To maintain accurate progress measurement records and to ensure the Lead Process Engineer receives updated information as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to the project team as necessary.
- Maintain a positive, pro-active approach to communication, particularly in supplying information, data and assistance as necessary
- Calculates and organises data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Develops process specifications, e.g. purified water systems, bioreactors, complex process equipment skids, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
- May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity
- Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline
- Responsible P&IDs and equipment packages.
What you will need:
- Applicant to have a Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Relevant experience for Senior Process Engineer, typically 6-10 years’ experience
- Has previously been a Lead on small projects as a minimum
- The candidate should demonstrate a broad background in process and equipment technology and their design principles. Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge of process design deliverables from concept through to detailed design.
- Interpersonal effectiveness; In addition to working with the various project team members, experience in working with client teams, external vendors and licensors would be beneficial.
- Teamwork; Proven ability to articulate ideas and concepts to a diverse group and gain consensus.
- To be able to work to Company standard operating procedures but to be innovative when appropriate.
- Is an IChemE Member / Chartered Engineer.
- Ability to travel; Projects are both UK based and International and therefore travel to Client offices and Sites will be undertaken to support the activity; On occasion this may mean assignments in the UK or overseas.
- Competitive rates
- Long term contract