|Job Title:||Process Engineer|
|Salary||£36000 - £45000 per annum|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
As part of the Responsible Designer for the Hinkley Point C project, our Client provides Engineering Design support for the Balance of the Nuclear Island (BNI).
This role is a member of a large integrated team seconded into Client team focused on providing high quality design, engineering knowledge & expertise.
The Process Engineer for Effluent Treatment System writes the system documents containing all the information on the design and the operation of their systems (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C). The person is responsible for writing the system design manuals (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C) and updating them, in compliance with the engineering rules, methodologies and tools.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload in order to produce high quality documents and respect deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both written and orally.
- Proactive and confident in communicating with others, particularly those based in remote offices including France.
- Proactive in developing positive working relations with others within the project.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve quality of engineering studies and the subsequent documentation produced.
- Ability to prioritise, to manage numerous interfaces, to question and understand the imperatives of other downstream disciplines.
- Ability to transfer knowledge.
Based on the specification for the system, the Pre-Construction Safety Report (PCSR) and the engineering guidelines, the system engineer:
Prepares the System Design Manual:
- Describes the system, its role and missions (including the safety missions).
- Carries out the operational design of the system.
- Carries out the sizing for the system and its components.
- Drives the 2D mechanical diagram designer for the production of the Process & Instrumentation Diagrams and the population of components attributes in 2D mechanical diagram tool. The person checks the technical consistency of the latter.
- Writes the I&C requirements and prepares functional diagrams for the data input into the I&C tools related to the project.
- Writes the I&C tests procedures.
- Populates all the ”system” databases.
- Establishes/updates the safety classification of the components of the system.
- Updates the PCSR (Pre-Construction Safety Report) chapter related to their system.
- Ensures the proper integration of the P&ID in the 3D model (verifies the 2D/3D consistency).
- Supports the Equipment Engineer to survey the documents produced by the equipment suppliers.
Manages modifications related to the system:
- Receives the change requests issued by the various external parties
- Verifies the consistency of these modifications, systematically challenges their necessity
- Provides information for the decision on the modification implementation prior to including them in the system documentation.
- Develops technical solutions and presents them to the client to help resolve their technical issues.
- Consults with the client.
- Reviews all relevant FA3 input data and implements the lesson learnt from other EPR projects (FA3, OL3, TSN) or KONVOI design.
- These activities are performed in interaction with departments based near Paris.
- Occasional business travel to London & Paris, France.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
- Based on our Client site Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week.
- Travel and Subsistence is not paid for this role.
- BPSS level security required.
- Please provide travel plan to Bristol to undertake this role/salary expectation/current notice period on Cover Letter with this application.
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineer.
- Knowledge of the UK regulations related to Waste Treatment.
- Ability to use MS Office /3D Viewer.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative.
- Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines.
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- Fluent in English – written & verbal.
- Knowledge on atomic and nuclear engineering.
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects.
- French language skills – written & verbal.