|Job Title:||Principle Civil/Structural Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in Grangemouth are looking to recruit a Principal Civil/Structural Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- We are seeking a confident and commercially minded Chartered Engineer to strengthen our engineering team and provide our clients with complete design and consultancy services developing solutions from concept design through to detailed design. The role will involve coordination of design work, management of projects, ensuring that quality standards are met and that designs are value engineered fit for purpose and are innovative in nature.
- Provide a leading role in the operation of the engineering team.
- Manage and co-ordinate workload and resources for the Engineering team.
- Responsible for leading project teams, ensuring that project deliverables are on target.
- Responsible for financial management of projects.
- Assist the Directors in identifying new business opportunities.
- Responsible for developing effective solutions to suit client requirements.
- Responsible for producing preliminary and detailed designs in conjunction with the client, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Liaise directly with clients and assist them in achieving their aspirations.
- Mentor and provide direction to other Engineers, graduates and technicians.
- Produce design deliverables to a high level of quality ensuring that all design work meets with the relevant technical and quality standards.
- Coordinate designs with both internal design teams, other design contractors / vendors.
- Assist with the pulling together of commercial bids and the production of tender documentation.
- Review and check designs and drawings.
What you will need?
- Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering and have relevant experience
- Chartered Engineer.
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
- In depth experience of all stages of the design and construction process.
- Experience of site visits, checking site conditions/resolving problems with contractors.
- Experience of working to tight time-scales and managing multiple projects at any one time.
- Experience in material take-off and preparation of bills of quantities.
- Experience of roads and drainage design, including local authority consents, will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Extensive experience with common structural analysis programmes including Staad Pro and Lusas.
- Competent with MS Office, including MS Project.
- Ability to prepare and review NBS specifications.
- A full UK driving licence.
- The role will require some travel within the UK and overseas
What’s in it for you?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment where new and unusual projects are the norm.
- The competitive remuneration package reflects the responsibility and level of commitment required.