|Job Title:||Principal Strategic Systems Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Principal Strategic Systems Engineer, for one of our leading clients. They are a key strategic partner to their customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy. They ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in the UK and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
This role can be flexibly based at either Plymouth (Devonport Royal Dockyard), Helensburgh (HMNB Clyde) or Keynsham (near Bristol) and will be on a permanent basis.
About the Role:
The client provides engineering management and technical support services to the MoD, delivering available and capable platforms for the Royal Navy. Maritime Mission Systems Group sits within ES and contains both Strategic and Combat Systems Engineers who provide support services to the MoD and the wider Marine Sector, across multiple sites. As a Principal Strategic Systems Engineer you'll work within a small, but expanding, engineering team playing a key role in the contribution to the Submarine Strategic Weapon Enterprise (SWE).
Using your experience and knowledge of Submarine Strategic Systems activities you'll deliver engineering support, technical products and guidance to contracted outputs for MoD SWS & SWSS (Strategic Systems) in-service and future submarine programmes including, but not limited to:
- Technical reports
- Data analysis
- Materiel analysis
- Engineering procedures / policy update
- Programme and schedule reviews
What do I need to do the role?
- You'll be educated to degree level in an Electronic/Mechanical Engineering discipline and hold membership of (or be working towards) a professional engineering body (IET, IMechE)IMechE.
- Knowledge of Submarine Strategic Systems activities including programme, policies, procedures, technologies, equipment, support, and operations.
- Experience of working with or as part of MoD / RN authorities or support partners.
- Able to operate independently on defined or to be defined tasking and to manage technical outputs and engineering governance from engineers within their scope of supply.
- You'll need to deploy good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must hold, or be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
For more than a century, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. Helping customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
They are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work if taken to interview.