||Principal Planning Consultant
|Temp or Perm:
Principal Planning Consultant
Permanent, Full Time
Salford, Greater Manchester
you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing our clients with high quality, timely and outcome-based Development Management services.
You will also be accountable for:
• Processing major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
• Undertaking pre-application discussions on major proposals, some under Planning
• Performance Agreements, being proactive and problem-solving to achieve deliverable outcomes in addition to preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for external clients.
• Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
• Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
• Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviours.
• Provide consistently high-quality professional advice on planning matters to clients, members of the public, Councillors and others as necessary.
• Negotiate with applicants and a wide range of stakeholders in order to obtain high quality outcomes within given time constraints set out in our contractual arrangements with clients.
• Provide concise, accurate, justified and timely reports and recommendations on major planning applications and pre-application discussions applying current legislation and policy changes as appropriate.
• Ability to keep up to date with current and emerging policy development at a local, regional and national level so that clients are in a strong position to benefit from existing policies and potential changes.
• Support your peers and mentor more junior staff to ensure project and team targets are met and knowledge and expertise is shared whilst assisting to secure new and repeat work in the way you deliver projects.
• Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
• 5 years or more relevant experience, including acting as an expert witness at Planning Inquiries
• High level of ability to priorities and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
• Demonstrable experience of working as a senior/principal planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
• A high level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
To discuss the role further call Sally on 01524 865559 or send your CV to [email protected]