||Principal HVAC Designer
|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for experienced Principal HVAC Designers for work based at Birchwood Park in Warrington, on a contract basis. Please note these requirements are inside IR35.
About The Role:
What You Will Need:
- Expert knowledge in the design and draughting of HVAC Systems / Mechanical Services using Autocad and associated 3D modelling packages (eg. Revit, Autoplant,etc.)
- Conversant with ductwork and piping standards and specifications of associated HVAC plant and equipment.
- Able to develop complete concepts using the appropriate design tools from basic scheme definitions.
- Able to complete design to detail level output from a minimum of information and have a sound appreciation of up to date manufacturing, assembly methods, workshop methods, site and construction requirements.
- Expert in the use of at least one of the major computer aided design packages.
- Fully conversant with the company draughting procedures, and familiar with the draughting requirements of some of the company major clients.
- Possess leadership qualities suitable for small project teams and can provide support/guidance to others.
- Able to work as a team member and oversee Design level staff in a project specific role.
- Able to work predominantly on own initiative unless engineering solution is significantly novel or contains a significant number of unusual design features.
- Able to monitor their own man-hour spend against agreed estimates to complete and able to assist in preparing man-hour estimates to complete for self and where appropriate, others.
- Assist the project lead with the estimation of the man-hour budget for any assigned task and the required completion date.
- Able to have constructive dialogue with staff from all levels and from all discipline groups. Also able to confidently liaise with staff from partnering organisations and client organisations.
- Required to oversee that QMS procedures are followed, both in their own work and in checking the work of others.
- Aware of applicable codes and safety legislation and how they should be applied.
- Additional formal qualifications (above the minimum), such as degree level, whilst not an absolute requirement, is seen as advantageous to individuals at this grade. For example, Higher National Diploma (HND).
- Whilst not essential, design staff should be aware of the benefits offered by recognition by such bodies as the Engineering Council, and if applicable, the professional institution most relevant to their particular discipline.
- Associate or incorporated membership of an appropriate professional body, eg. CIBSE or IMechE
- Over 10 years of experience in a role having direct influence over design practice and outcomes.
- 5 years engineering design experience working within a highly regulated industry, 3 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
- 5 years experience of supervising engineering design staff