|Job Title:||Principal Engineer (Radiological Protection)|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Engineer (Radiological Protection) To work for one of our leading defence clients at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth. This is a contract requirement working a minimum of 36 hours per week.
The purpose of the this post is:
- To provide Radioactive Protection and Waste Management expertise within the Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) Design Authority at Devonport.
- To manage and oversee MIP Health Physics, Radiation Protection and Radioactive Waste Policy.
- To undertake Technical Assurance relating to MIP Facility and System Safety Outputs via application of Technical Governance processes and provide advice to the MIP Head of Design Authority.
- To provide professional Health Physics, Radiation Protection and Radioactive Waste advice, direction and support to managers, employees, contractors to ensure compliance with current related legislation and company arrangements.
- To support as required MIP Head of Design Authority in delivery of MIP Projects at Devonport.
10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide the MIP focal point for DRDL Radiation Protection and Waste Policy and actively contribute to ongoing development and improvement of Processes & Standards
- Provide advice on the adequacy of MIP Project Radiation Protection and Waste Strategies and implementation against these strategies.
- Provide independent technical support and advice within competence and as requested by the MIP Design Authority or Head of Engineering Capability.
- Support the Technical Governance of MIP Radiation Protection and Waste output in compliance with MIP Business Management System (BMS).
- Support MIP Interface with Regulators, including ONR, DNSR, EA.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and all required configuration and quality controls applied in accordance with MIP BMS.
- Support Project Teams in developing and planning execution of required Scope of Work
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to application of highest standards for health and safety and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards with regard to matters on health, safety, security and environment, ethics and behaviours