||Principal Engineer (Defence)
||Dependant on Experience
|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for experienced Principal Engineers to work on a contract basis for one of our leading Defence clients, based at Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth. Candidates with the following expertise required;
Principal Engineer (Architectural)
Principal Engineer (Docking & Berthing)
Principal Engineer (FAR/CONOPS)
Principal Engineer (Water/DDDS/DHR)
Principal Engineer (Structural)
About The Role:
10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
What You Will Need:
- Provide leadership in the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
- Ensure effective management of multi discipline teams to ensure timely & efficient delivery of engineering work to meet customer agreed scope.
- Ensure effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
- Ensure technical management of the engineering output to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed technical scope.
- Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
- Manage resource demands and development of capability skills to match needs of future workload and coach and mentor members of the team
- Ensure project and technical audits and review are planned & executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate and in line with agreed standards.
- Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change.
- Support business development opportunities in raising the profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams. -operation across Engineering and other functional teams
- This is the level for an experienced engineer working as a subject matter expert in a specialist subject area (eg an engineering sub function).
- Understands concepts and principles, shapes, designs, developments and determines a solution to functional issues personally undertakes the most complex work within the subject area.
- Extends their business knowledge base in the subject area.
- Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development, provides coaching and assistance to others.
- Typically, Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
- Have an Engineering degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience.
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)