|Job Title:||Principal Electrical Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
NRL are recruiting on behalf of a major Oil & Gas business based in Woking on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to continue career development with an industry leader.
About the role:
The Principal Electrical Engineer will Lead the electrical activities in developing the electrical design within project budget and determining timing for resource requirements. Serves as the liaison for inter-discipline engineering involved in the project and is accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of project, on schedule and within manpower and budget estimates.
- Executing electrical engineering design activities for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
- Technically responsible for all electrical engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Formulating resolutions and supervision of technically challenging and/or high profile issues, with support from Consultant Electrical Engineer/ Lead Engineer or Project
- Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Supervising, reviewing and checking the electrical activities including: Philosophies,
- Specifications, Studies, Single Line Diagrams, Schedules, Datasheets and Technical
- Requisitions. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Identifying a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR).
- Planning/scheduling the electrical engineering activities and manpower resource.
The successful candidate will have Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chartered Status preferred. Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
What’s in it for you:
- Permanent opportunity
- Career development supported by a global business
- Competitive Salary and benefits scheme