|Job Title:||Principal Civil/Structural Engineer- Jackets|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are recruiting on behalf of a major Oil & Gas business based in Woking on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to continue career development with an industry leader.
About the role:
Principal Engineer is typically accountable to the Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, depending on size and complexity of project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
- Working as Lead Engineer on a project, or reporting to the Lead Engineer typically on larger projects, execute civil/structural engineering design activities for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
- Technically responsible for all civil/structural engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Formulating resolutions and supervision of technically challenging and/or high profile issues, with support from Consultant Civil/Structural Engineer/ Lead Engineer or Project
- Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Reviewing the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Supervise reviews and checks the civil/structural activities including: Philosophies, specifications, Civil & Structural Design Calculations, Plans, Drawings and MTO. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Participating in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary civil/structural engineering input and support to close out of actions.
- Identifying a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document register (TDR).
- Responsible for planning/scheduling the civil/structural engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
- Providing support to Procurement including for long lead items enquiry: prepares Technical requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensuring compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
What you will need:
The successful candidate will have Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Chartered Status preferred. Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry. Exposure to Offshore jacket Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects. Experienced SACS user and Sesam experience preferable.
What’s in it for you:
- Permanent opportunity
- Career development supported by a global business
- Competitive Salary and benefits scheme