|Job Title:||Package Manager (Cradle)|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced Package Manager to lead the planning and management of specific elements of the 10 Dock facility as defined by the Project Manager. This role will be based at Devonport Dockyard on a contract basis with one of our leading Defence clients.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Facilitate, develop and agree requirements , project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages.
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Develops tasking orders to secure the provision of internal and external resources and manages their delivery.
- Develop, monitor and control schedules for packages of work and small projects.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project reporting data on Enterprise resource.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported.
- Identify and schedule resource on Gantt charts and ERP systems.
- Forecast costs and monitor and report against budget
- Maintain project cost and time estimates and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline to ensure they are accurate.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management.
- Manage under supervision the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
A degree (or working towards) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field