|Job Title:||Mechanical Designer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8155|
NRL’s engineering client, is looking for a Mechanical Designer for a contract in Rosyth.
About the role:
Designer is responsible for the creation of CAD models and drawings along with other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice’s as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
- Primary deliverable are manufacturing and installation outputs deliverables for seating/foundations but may also include; 3D structural and compartment models, 2D General Arrangement and Layouts, Detailed Assembly drawings, Spatial and Interface management of systems with coordination of associated disciplines, BOMs
- Preparation/production of CAD 3D models and drawings in support of all Design Cycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail and Production Designs in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Preparation/production of structural/Outfitting installation and fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Develop innovative design solutions.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Produce and update ‘as built’ drawings and documentation.
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
What you will need?
- The post holder is required to hold an ONC/HNC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject.
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Able fully utilise Autodesk AutoCAD software in 2D/3D and preferably Plant 3D
- Able to demonstrate experience in the commercial marine build and conversion marketplace (or similar).
- Excellent working location
- 6 month contract