||Mechanical Designer (Naval Marine)
|Temp or Perm:
Nrl are looking for a number of Mechanical Designers to support and contribute the growth of an exciting project for a defence marine customer. This will be a contract requirement starting early January 2021. Locations can be Rosyth Dockyard, Bristol or Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth. Possible locations are Bideford, Lichfield or Warrington.
About The Client:
For more than a century, a prime defence support provider, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering service. They help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Main Purpose of Role:
Our Mechanical Designers are responsible for the creation of drawings, technical documentation and other design deliverables to specified standards. Specifically, this role requires; a good understanding of Mechanical and Marine systems applicable to Naval Ships and the associated engineering and design and installation standards. The individual must be able to demonstrate competent CAD & MS Office software skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
What You Will Need:
- Interpreting mechanical and marine system information from technical specifications
- defence standards and installation drawings
- Competent in modifying and updating mechanical system drawings and associated
- technical information utilising CAD systems and documentation software
- Identify impact of change within marine systems associated with other interfaced
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent engineering
- academic qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
- Utilise Autodesk AutoCAD % MS Office software