||Mechanical Design Opportunities
|Temp or Perm:
Our client is currently seeking experienced Mechanical Designers, to work on an initial 12-month contract based in Preston. This is a full-time requirement, working on numerous projects.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for Mechanical Design opportunities at the following levels;
What you will need:
- Mechanical Designer
- Senior Mechanical Designer
- Lead Mechanical Designer
- Preferably HNC qualified (ONC Minimum) and preferably will have some nuclear experience.
- Has recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment etc.
- Has experience of producing mechanical designs using Inventor.
- Understands the general methodology for nuclear engineering design i.e. the need for modularisation, surface finish, and specialist maintenance requirements. With guidance, can provide material and hardware selection to suit the design criteria.
- Experienced at outputting design documentation in the form of GAs, SAs, detail drawings and fabrications. Incorporating weld symbols, limits & fits and geometrical tolerances as appropriate.
- Capable of self-checking of their work to a high standard prior to issue for formal independent checking.
- Able to provide fit for purpose and cost-effective designs to timescale and budget, ensuring minimum rework following checking.