||Available on Request
|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruitng for an experienced Mechanical Engineer (Checker), for one of our leading clients within the Nuclear Industry. This is a contract requirment, based at Birchwood Park in Warrington.
About The Role:
Over and above a typical Lead Designer we would need the resource to:
- Has a minimum of 5 years recent experience of producing mechanical design outputs using AutoCAD, with working knowledge of Model Space and Paper Space.
- Able to provide fit for purpose and cost effective design / documentation outputs to timescales and budgets, ensuring minimum rework following checking.
- With guidance, can provide material and hardware selection to suit the design criteria.
- Ideally, understands the general methodology for nuclear engineering design i.e. the need for modularisation, surface finish, and specialist maintenance requirements.
- Can undertake self checking of their detail drawings prior to issuing them for formal checking.
- Preferably, has working knowledge of MHD’s , MSD’s , DPD’s , MFD’s
- Must have good understanding / experience re the production of GA’s , S‘Assys, detail drawings , fabrications , weld symbols , limits and fits, geometrical tolerancing.
Brief Person Specification:
- Lead Mechanical Designer SQEP’ed for working on PFCS FRP1 Detail Design
- Extensive experience and knowledge in design for manufacture and production of drawings (i.e. BS8888, GD&T, manufacturing processes and limitations, etc.)
- Responsible for leading small team of young Designers (2-3)
- Expert user of Inventor and Vault
- Ability to develop local working instructions for the creation of modelling work and drawings, and guiding of others
- Level 3 Checker for manufacturing drawings
- Mechanical coordinator for weekly export of Inventor models to Naviswork to maintain Project BIM Strategy
- Preferably HNC qualified (ONC Minimum) and preferably will have at least 3 years nuclear experience +10 years would be ideal.
- Has a minimum of 5 years recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc