|Job Title:||Mechanical (CAD) Designer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01946 820 002|
Mechanical (CAD) Designers required for an exciting new project based in Cumbria
Our client is a major global organisation with vast diversity in provision in Nuclear, Defence, Building & Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and Pharmaceutical. A prestigious & highly successful company with a proven track record in the delivery of providing expertise in design, technical, engineering, professional and construction services.
Seeking experienced, professional Mechanical (CAD) Designer to be part of a major Nuclear Design Programme based in Cumbria.
Key skills / attributes:
- Minimum HNC / BTEC
- Minimum of 3 years experience within engineering design.
- Working with Mechanical Design Leads in identifying scope.
- Nuclear industry experience preferred.
- Responsible for developing design concepts in to scheme drawings.
- Interpret and translate Sub-Assembly, General Arrangement and detail drawings in line with client specifications and British Standards.
- Highly competent in the use of 3D and 2D computer aided drafting packages.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Competent in relevant drawing standards BS5070, BS8888 and BS EN61082
- Excellent communication skills
- Attend and prepare for design reviews
Must be a driven forward thinking professional with an ability to problem solve.
BPSS and / or SC Clearance (if no clearance held must be willing & eligible to go through clearance process)