|Job Title:||Materials Technician|
|Salary||£14 - £15 per hour|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01524 865555|
Long Term Contract
Heysham Power Station
Our clients vision is to be an agile, fleet-wide, maintenance team supporting reliable generation. They deliver this by providing an Engineering and Maintenance service for Steam Turbines, Generators and associated plant, at three primary power stations.
- Management of Stock; Receipt, Issue and Control of Stock.
- Control of Tooling and Equipment; Ensuring availability of key equipment as and when required.
- Supporting logistics activities; Facilitating site transfers, Keeping detailed records.
- Material Handling; Forklift Truck Operation, Manual Handling.
- Goods Receipt Activities.
- Providing support to the Supply Chain function.
- Driving Company Vehicles;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in the Nuclear Industry in a similar role
- Knowledge of industrial tooling
- A full clean driving license (essential)
- Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck (Desirable but not essential)
- GCSE Maths – Grade C or Above
- GCSE English – Grade C or Above
You should have an attention to detail, always demonstrate personal accountability and time management skills whilst working as a nuclear professional. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work as part of team, whilst working on your own initiative to deliver work to agreed timescales.
You will also be required to be flexible and support outage cover at our Heysham, Hunterston & Dungeness sites based on 11 days on 3 days off (10-hour shift) pattern. Increased hours of working will be necessary during planned and emergent periods of maintenance.