|Job Title:||Materials Buyer - Manufacturing|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s manufacturing client based in Dalkeith is looking to recruit a Materials Buyer at mid level to join their thriving business on a permanent basis within a manufacturing environment.
About the role:
- Negotiate with suppliers of products / materials / services to achieve cost savings and/or mitigate price increases, combined with the requisite levels of quality and service.
- Analyse MRP reports, internal of-line reports, and other sources as necessary to identify purchasing requirements (including for non-MRP items where required); raise / expedite relevant purchase orders as appropriate.
- Control inventory levels of raw materials, and minimise wherever possible to maximize working capital and warehouse space without affecting production; ensure accurate stock positions are reflected in Vantage at all times.
- Reduce supplier quality issues in number and value, and ensure recovery of all rework costs while ensuring continuity of supply; ensuring that quality and audit actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and improve suppliers’ performance through regular discussion and review.
- Minimise number of stock lines via rationalisation suggestions.
- Develop awareness of new materials, suppliers, and processes; arrange supplier swatch books and sample materials as necessary; initiate and expedite internal material/process evaluations.
- Identify and minimise obsolete and slow moving raw material stocks through annual or ad hoc disposal routines and through discussion with other teams.
- Assist with stocktaking and sample checking.
- Maintain updated supplier price lists and issue to relevant staff.
- Ensure colleagues are cross–trained where necessary to allow relevant skills to be shared.
- Be involved in standard cost amendments, both on an annual and an ad hoc basis.
- Raise and authorise purchase orders in line with most recent company / departmental policy.
- Ensure that materials, products and services are purchased at best possible value and within budget or quotation.
What you will need?
- Graduate level education or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment ideal but not essential.
- Both a team player to achieve departmental goals and a natural ability to work alone to achieve personal targets.
- Ability to convince others and influence outcomes.
- Highly analytical with the ability to confidently understand and use MRP systems.
- Naturally comfortable in a fast moving and dynamic production environment.
- Comfortable with all styles of communication and with dealing with all levels of internal and supplier contacts.
- Proven ability to work within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational ability.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of procurement including sourcing, commercial negotiation, supplier management and global sourcing
- Demonstrable success in purchasing or procurement.
- Demonstrable success in inventory management.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a growing business
- Holidays 34 inc stats.
- Occupational sick pay benefit
- Product discounts
- Free Parking