|Job Title:||Manufacture Engineer (Machinery & Assembly)|
|Salary||£30000 - £36500 per annum|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
We are seeking an experienced Manufacture Engineer to join our Production department within Defence Systems Technology (DST), Ashton, Bristol. We are looking for individuals with Manufacture Engineering experience of products with high complexity and low volume. The successful applicant will join a diverse and dynamic team of production, project, engineering and other functional staff working together to deliver exciting cutting edge defence projects to UK and international clients.
- The successful candidate will work for our Production Engineering Manager as part of a central production engineering team.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will take full ownership of the assigned tasks to assist in achieving the project objectives.
- They will use an ERP system to create requisitions for materials, produce manufacture routings and shop orders for machined components. They will carry out ‘Design for Manufacture’ with our design teams and support our procurement team with equipment in the Supply Chain.
- Proven Manufacture Engineering experience.
- Must have completed a machining apprenticeship plus an additional 5 years shop floor experience.
- Extensive turning and milling manufacturing knowledge and ability to calculate manufacture cycle times of single piece part components.
- Continuous improvement and implementation of lean manufacture techniques.
- Wide breadth of knowledge in manufacture techniques and ability to carry out estimating of large projects using 2D drawings and 3D models.
- Understanding of fabrication and welding processes.
- Competent to use an ERP system (e.g. SAP or IFS).
- Very organised, methodical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with people at all levels of the business.
- Able to manage internal stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must possess good reasoning and problem-solving abilities.