|Temp or Perm:
||01324 614 568
NRL’s client are looking for Machinists for a 3 month contract in Renfrew.
- Set and adjust machine tools in machine.
- Set and adjust machine parameters
- Prepare work area
- Hand and machine shaping of material and components, including UKAS standard Mechanical Test specimens.
- Provide technical advice.
- Support and guide trainee machinist staff within the Group
- To carry out general non-machinist task periodically as necessary to support the Group
- To carry out periodic site work.
- To carry out machining in support of the client’s activities. To produce high quality work to contract / specification requirements.
- To be responsible for equipment and facilities as specified by the Supervisor ensuring that these are always properly maintained, calibrated and fit-for-purpose, and, where appropriate, for visitor viewing, and to recommend replacement when necessary.
- The achievement of tasks and targets set by supervisor. To assist senior staff in meeting time, cost and timescale targets on all projects thus fully satisfying the client’s valid requirements.
- To adhere to company procedures and systems (including quality, safety, environment, administration, security) and to contribute to the improvement of such procedures (e.g. Technology Centre Operating Procedures) where they can enhance performance.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and application of techniques and equipment within machining environment.
- Determine technical requirements to achieve objective together with resource requirements – have the ability to think out problems and complete tasks.
- Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings and complete work in accordance with the engineering instruction.
- Prepare suitable datum and marking out surfaces, marking out using appropriate methods and checking that the marking out complies with the specification.
- Prepare machine tools to achieve material removal requirements by mounting and setting the required work – holding devices, work piece and cutting tools
- To be able to safely operate various types of lathes, mills, saws and drills, and have an understanding of CNC machining
- To have the ability to work to a high quality standard and adhere to strict tolerances.
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team or individually as required in a safe and tidy manner, paying particular attention to housekeeping.
- To communicate to those necessary regarding technical issues or discrepancies in drawings, that may arise in the completion of a machining task.
- Strict adherence to company Health and Safety and Quality polices and standards
- Apprenticeship with recognised qualification such as SVQ, NC, HNC or City and Guilds in relevant subject
- 12 months minimum time served experience in machine shop environment.
If you are interested please submit your CV for consideration.