|Job Title:||Machine Tool Engineer - (Quality/Maintenance)|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s manufacturing client based in Glenrothes is looking to recruit a Machine Tool Engineer on a contract basis until the end of the year, with possibility of extension. This will likely be working continental shifts therefor applicants must be open to shift work.
About the role:
- To build and maintain a good working knowledge of plant and equipment maintenance techniques, company products and services, and working practices, to perform the role efficiently and effectively.
- Sharing information with others to enable them to fulfil their role.
- Using knowledge, information and skills in planning and working.
- Sharing ideas and suggestions for improvements.
- To provide a comprehensive, proactive and effective quality maintenance service through undertaking the following:
- Agreeing relevant individual/personal objectives, targets and success criteria for assigned activities and own area of work such as: Record all works done on assets, Record all labour hours utilised, Design and implement small improvements to equipment
- Agreeing job requirements and competencies, participating in relevant training and development and asking for support as required.
- Monitoring and sharing own progress and addressing any changes, taking corrective action as required.
- Communicating regularly with other members of the team, department and business to ensure rapid two-way flow of information and contribution to effective team working.
- To ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of physical resources by:
- Maximising the use of resources and identifying and eliminating waste.
- Contributing to the setting of systems, procedures and work standards ensuring that they fit and/or enhance with others used in the business.
- Balancing cost/risk vs. benefit when specifying or recommending any changes
What you will need?
- Completed apprenticeship
- Be trained on machine tool maintenance
- Have experience on machine tools
- Electrical or mechanical biased, or both
- Ability to fault find and complete an effect repair.
- Ability to work on own or under instruction.
What’s in it for you?
- Contract until the end of 2019 – potential for extension thereafter
- Join a thriving business during a peak period