|Temp or Perm:
||01946 820 002
New Opportunity in the Nuclear Sector!
Our client is a major global organisation with vast diversity in provision in Nuclear, Defence, Building & Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and Pharmaceutical. A prestigious & highly successful company with a proven track record in the delivery of providing expertise in design, technical, engineering, professional and construction services.
Seeking an experienced & professional Lifting Engineer to be a crucial member of the Nuclear New Build Construction Project based in Seascale, Cumbria.
Acting as representative for all lifting operations on this project, ensuring all lift and crane plans are developed and operated within a safe system of work.
Key Skills / Attributes:
Minimum HNC in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Structural, Civil)
Proven track record within Lifting, Construction and Engineering Industry.
Knowledge within transport / heavy lift sector.
Knowledge & Capability in the following areas:
- Skilled in performing structural calculations
- Strong Health & Safety background
- Risk assessment training
- IOSH managing safely certificate
- CPCS Appointed Person
- AutoCAD and/or Project Planning Software experience (preferred not essential)
- Ensure all lift plans are compliant with LOLER procedures
- Assessing capabilities of various types of cranes or machines used for lifting & their limitations
- Technical review of lift plans, to include any 3rd party specialists, contractors or vendors
Excellent organisation, planning and communication skills are key to this role with the ability to liaise directly with clients and other JV partners, specialist vendors & contractors.
BPSS Clearance (if no clearance held must be willing & eligible to go through clearance process)