|Job Title:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||IT & Telecoms|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join the development team at the Airports division in Leicester. You will be working in a hands-on capacity delivering projects through the complete project lifecycle from initial concept design through to handover and completion. With a significant background in .NET development, this Lead Software Engineer will have a full software development background using the following technologies:
- C# / Web application programming experience using Web Services and ASP.NET
- Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Agile (Beneficial)
What do I need to do the role?
This Lead Software Engineer will be technical and will hold the experienced required to understand work estimates, project milestones etc, so a Lead Software Engineer who has held a software role, and tested software systems and commissioned systems on site, with a project management element to the role would be a good fit.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple workload requirements.
- Experience of working with project teams and an understanding of the project management process.
- At least 3 years' experience in a technical lead role and leading teams of software engineers.
- Experience designing and implementing mission critical high availability systems, preferably in an industrial automation environment.
- At least 5 years' software development background and full software lifecycle experience.
- Experience of working in an ISO 9001/TickIT+ environment.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience of testing software systems and commissioning systems at customer sites.
- Minimum of a degree in an engineering or computer science related discipline.
What else do I need to know about the role?
You will work a 37.5 hour week Monday-Friday with flexible start and finish time.