||Lead Quality Assurance Manager
||£30000 - £50000 per annum
|Temp or Perm:
Lead Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Lead Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the management of all QA/QC related activities. This involves working closely with other departments and clients. Management of in-house and subcontractor Quality operations.
To develop, foster and promote a culture of continuous improvement within the business, with emphasis on improving client satisfaction.
The Lead Quality Assurance Manager is appointed by the Chief Executive and is responsible for all quality related matters within the business and with the support of Departmental Heads and Project Managers, the development of the Quality Management System.
▪ To develop team working and team building between QA/QC personnel and all other departments within the business.
▪ To provide advice on regulations, standards and codes of practice relating to an effective QA/QC operation.
▪ To train and develop team members in the areas of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Inspection, ensuring a direct line of quality management is established, whilst ensuring a culture of innovation and continuous improvement is maintained.
▪ To supervise and monitor all aspects of QA/QC within the organisation.
▪ To review action plans and corrective actions arising from compliance issues, NCR’s and QRA’s.
▪ To review and / or take part in all QA/QC audits and assessments, both internal and at suppliers and sub-contractors.
▪ To be present during all external Quality audits, carried out by third parties.
▪ To be part of the interviewing team when recruiting all QA/QC personnel within the business.
▪ To ensure LTR’s and dossier packages are compiled concurrently with fabrication or construction.