|Job Title:||Lead Piping Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
NRL are recruiting on behalf of a major Oil & Gas business based in Woking on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to continue career development with an industry leader.
About the role:
The lead Piping Designer supervises a team of designers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project. They will Supports the Project Management Team in planning and identifying technical issues that which could limit progress or impact project budgets and act as the client interface.
Specific duties include:
- Typically works as a Lead Designer on a project particularly on larger complex projects, for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design projects.
- Technically responsible for all layout work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Supervises, reviews and checks the layout activities including the preparation of Design Basis, 2D & 3D Plot Plans & Layouts, 3D Modeling, Specials List, and Tie-in Schedule.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/contract by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Assists Lead Engineer to identify clear scopes of work, preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Quantifies the total number of deliverables and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides input and support to close out of actions.
- Prepares piping MTOs and assistance to procurement as required.
What you will need:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of HNC in mechanical engineering. Will have good working experience of Auto CAD and PDMS CAD System. Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry with exposure to consultancy, FEED / Details Design and EPC projects.
What’s in it for you:
- Permanent opportunity
- Career development supported by a global business
- Competitive Salary and benefits scheme