|Job Title:||Lead Installation Engineer (Reeling)|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are recruiting for a globally recognised Renewable Energy and Oil & Gas design contractor based in Surrey.
About the role:
- Ensure that all the Methods engineering Activities are properly and correctly managed directly or by subordinate staff, in order to guarantee the quality of the product based on job requirements
- Provide assistance to other functions in order to indicate, agree and implement the most efficient and effective solutions for the Installation/construction activities.
- Organise and participate in design reviews in order to define the best Installation methodology solutions.
- Organise and coordinate the activities of the method engineering group’s assigned tasks and workload, providing technical and administrative guidance to the subordinate staff in order to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved.
- Administer the working programme to ensure its implementation in accordance with plans, design and specifications.
- Be responsible for interpretation, implementation and improvement of the proposed design solutions.
- Initiate and maintain filing system, document review and distribution, through subordinate staff.
- Monitor and coordinate all phases of the work progress and review procedures, reports and calculations of subordinate engineers, ensuring that deliverables, equipment, facilities and services meet specified requirements.
- Ensure technical coordination with Client, including attendance at interface meetings.
- Coordinate with the technical responsible on board of the vessel, in addition to providing backup to the installation team and advising the Vessel management on technical aspects of the job.
- Additionally, responsible for ensuring that all checklists and other installation records are completed in accordance with the procedures and passed to the QC Coordinator for compilation.
- Attend sites and carry out inspections, during onshore preparation, to ensure that all requirements have been met.
- Participate to the critical offshore tasks to ensure their performance according to methodology and ensure the relevant feedback and lessons learned.
- Participate to the offshore activities with the role of field engineer, when requested both in the yards and offshore during the vessel operation campaign.
What you will need:
- Capability in leading a subsea methods engineering team.
- Knowledge of subsea installation, in particular flexibles products, in shallow and deep water.
- Experience with:
- Reeling rigid pipe lay
- Capability of interfacing with other disciplines / departments in particular for studies and bids activity
- Availability to work on missions / assignments.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Rates
- Chance to work an industry leading engineering EPC contractor.