|Job Title:||Lead Construction Planner|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01946 820 002|
NRL are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading Engineering company for a Lead Construction Planner to be based on a prestigious project on Sellafield, Cumbria. For the right candidate this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company who highly invest in their staff. It is also a chance to be involved in a large project from the very beginnning.
About the role:
- To provide a complete Project Planning service for nominated project.
- As required, in association with the Project Director and/or Proposals Function, developProject Programme for tenders
- In association with the Project Control Manger, prepare a planning strategy and then develop a database for the Project Execution Plan
- Develop project specific programmes that clearly identify the project processes and linking of activities as required for multi-functional project team interfaces
- Assign ownership for all project deliverables and obtain sign on to the programme by the Project Team.
- Assign resources requirements for the execution of each phase of the project in accordance with the project specific budget.
- Review all appropriate engineering, procurement, manufacturing and site construction project programmes and review and prepare variance reports for the Project Control Manager and or Project Director’s attention for any variance
- As required by the Project Control Manager, attend and record for planning update purposes all internal and external project progress reviews.
- Issue project programme update reports in accordance with the requirements of the Project Control Manager and the Project Execution Plan.
What you will need:
- Familiarity with all the project management tools and techniques.
- Detailed knowledge and ability to operate Project Planning packages, (Microsoft Project Planner – essential, Primavera P6 – beneficial).
- Knowledge of the project management, engineering design, procurement, material sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, expediting, shipping and site construction processes for the delivery of major projects.
- Familiarity with the project budget, allowance system and financial analysis for overall project planning, control and reporting.
- Significant and appropriate experience of planning and scheduling of project management packages for in the Nuclear industry.
If this role sounds of interest to you and you would like to discuss it further in confidence please call 01946 828829.