|Job Title:||Instrument & Control Systems Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently looking for an Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer to work with a consultancy based in Dublin.
About the role:
Candidates should be an Instrumentation & Controls Systems Engineer with significant experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis.
The successful candidate will have a relevant level 8 I&C qualification and will report to the Director of Electrical Engineering and Control Systems.
Candidates must possess excellent technical skills and written ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware, have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to meet deadlines and liaise successfully with clients.
Candidates will also need to be proficient in CAD and Microsoft Office. Experience with BIM/Revit systems would be beneficial. The successful candidate will be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors.
The expectation shall be that the candidate has held a similar position previously in his/her career. It is imperative that the successful candidate be fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations).
What you will need:
- Specifying and procurement of process & BMS field instrumentation
Development of I/O lists and instrument indexes
- Designing of control systems, schematics and drawings in the process, biopharma, datacentres and building services industries
- Development of instrument datasheets from concept through procurement
- Participate in HAZOPs, ATEX reviews, SIL assessments and Interlock reviews
- Review & input into P&IDs
- Development of Functional Specifications (FS) and User Requirements Specifications (URS) when required
- Development of system architecture for new Control Systems
- Working with automation contractors in developing solutions/systems
- GAMP5 lifecycle and 21CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Establish automation and controls systems scope of work
- Site work, dealing with clients / electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings, construction, and commissioning support
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works.
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
- Working with, lead and coach younger engineers and co-workers
- Adherence to quality standards and attention to detail ad accuracy
- Working with bus technology – Fieldbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, etc. and familiarity with DCS/PCS, BMS and PLC systems.
What’s in it for you:
- CPD Training