||Inspection Engineers CAT2 / CAT3
|Temp or Perm:
||0141 226 8156
Our client has new opportunities for full time Staff Inspection Engineers CAT2/CAT3.
About the role:
What you will need:
- The roles will require working with a variety of designs and ages of equipment and stock tanks. All our inspectors examine a wide range of pressure, mechanical and stock tank equipment as part of asset scheduled inspection programmes, major asset projects and shutdowns.
- Within authorised limits, execute inspections to achieve full compliance with legal requirements and site inspection standards.
- Define the scope for and develop Written Schemes of Examination, emphasising degradation mechanisms, specifying services for example. scaffolding and insulation requirements to achieve full compliance with site inspection standards, legal requirements and business goals for asset integrity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop inspection plans to match legal requirements, site standards, plant availability's and business TAR programs.
- Perform physical inspections, plan and co-ordinate NDT and specialist support services, and produce and review inspection reports to meet plans agreed with the asset teams.
- Highlight repairs to restore fit for purpose condition and recommend inspection intervals to achieve legal compliance and business integrity goals.
- Provide inspection knowledge and guidance in equipment failure investigations to determine the root cause and extent of the failure to firstly rectify and ultimately increase asset integrity and availability.
- Provide Inspection Engineering input to major shutdown programs, assisting in work-scope development, implementation and completions whilst also driving the NDT resources to ensure asset integrity and the delivery of the TAR schedule program.
What’s in it for you:
- Ideally be qualified to meet a minimum of UKAS RG2 Category 3 Inspector.
- Candidates should hold an appropriate qualification in line with their UKAS RG2 category such as a suitable Degree or NVQ.
- EEMUA 159 and or Plant Inspector qualifications as appropriate.
- Candidates will need to have an engineering background and demonstrable experience of inspecting.
- Experience of design, fabrication, maintenance and operation of various mechanical equipment types is beneficial.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures accurately.
- A working understanding of API,ASME,PSSR,EEMUA standards and guides as appropriate.
- Knowledge of damage mechanisms.
- Good understanding of NDT techniques including application and limitations.
- Attractive Salary Negotiable
- Full Staff benefits and holidays
- Career Progression