|Job Title:||Inspection EngIneer CAT 2/3|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01324 625 227|
The role is with a large blue chip client and UKAS accredited inspection organisation – STAFF position.
Our clients Inspectors inspect a wide range of pressure and mechanical equipment; the work is undertaken as part of Shutdowns, Major Asset Integrity Projects and On the Run inspection programmes.
Our client may consider a part qualified candidate to progress !
About the role:
As an Inspection Engineer you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Prepare and review Written Schemes of Examination (WSE)
- Identify preparation requirements from the WSE
- Visual examination in accordance with the WSE
- Generation of NDE Requests
- Issuing reports.
- Inspection of repairs.
- Generation of repair requests
- Participation in Risk Based Inspection studies
Candidates will need to have an engineering background and demonstrable experience of inspecting pipework and vessels as the ‘competent person’.
In addition, experience of design, fabrication, maintenance and operation of all mechanical equipment types is beneficial. They should also have good written and verbal communication skills; excellent eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures accurately.
What you will need:
- Candidates should hold an appropriate ONC / NVQ Level III as a minimum including relevant experience.
- Ideally be a UKAS accredited inspector, Cat 3 minimum, or have worked within a UKAS accredited inspection body.
- Our client may consider a part qualified candidate top progress
- Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of API/ASME/PSSR/EEMUA standards and guides
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Drive to learn relevant new techniques
- Coupled with natural drive, the ability to make a difference
- Attractive Salary Negotiable
- Full Staff benefits and holidays
- Career Progression