|Job Title:||Industrial Operative|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01524 865555|
Heysham Power Station
Start April 2020
NRL are recruiting for various personnel to join us on an exciting opportunity on the upcoming Heysham 1 Outage. Our client are the leaders in facilities management across the EDF Nuclear sites.
Ideal candidates will be expected to carry out all general cleaning duties on pre-planned work orders ensuring correct cleaning standards are maintained throughout the domestic areas and to be able to take ownership of tasks and duties given by the nominated supervisors on site. To be successful in this role previous experience of working in a clean environment or an industrial environment would be desirable.
Main Responsibilities & Information
- The successful candidates will carry out various duties including cleaning in designated areas in accordance with the schedule, to ensure that these areas are clean and hygienic and will include vacuuming, emptying bins and cleaning toilets.
- Facilities duties of delivering goods to departments and dealing with deliveries.
- The role will also carry out fire watching and confined space duties to support the site. All to enable us to deliver and maintain a high standard of service to clients throughout the site.
- Good communication skills are essential when dealing with the client and other members of the team
- Various roles available including Industrial and Domestic operatives that will be assigned to different tasks across the two stations.
- 8-12 hour shifts will be available for days and nights shifts including weekends.
- The outages are an on-going contract with no definitive finish date however we expect the two outages to last a combined duration of around 5-6 months.
- CTC clearance will be processed by NRL for all successful candidates’ months before the start of the outage. We have a dedicated team of nuclear vetting consultants that will guide you through this process.
- As an industrial operative you can expect to undertake duties such as leak management, industrial cleaning, fire watching, escorting, delivery duties, weeding /gardening and others.
- As a domestic operative based on site you can expect to undertake duties such as cleaning, mopping, changing bins, ensuing toilet facilities are cleaned and stocked up, vending machines are filled, water dispensers are filled & general facilities on site are kept clean and tidy.
To apply for this position please follow the links on the job boards and the NRL Team will be in touch.