|Job Title:||Hull Structural Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Hull Structural Engineer to work on major projects in South Korea on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Provide hull structural expertise and support for the FPSO project as it transitions through the phases of detailed design, fabrication, installation, hook-up and commissioning.
- Ensure that the FPSO hull is designed to operate in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally acceptable and cost effective.
- Ensure that the FPSO hull is designed and fully operational in accordance with the project master schedule to meet the Customer’s business objectives.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Asset Basis of Design.
- Technical, practical and leadership experience in FPSO hull design, fabrication and construction.
- Assisting the FPSO Hull Engineering Manager in the review of the hull design and structural drawings provided by the Customer’s Contractor.
- Steward the EPC Contractor’s activities with respect to structural including:
- Structural specifications and drawings
- Compliance with design methods and safety factors to be used in design of project.
- Reviews completed design for correctness, compliance, and operability
- Provide input on structural estimates for weight control report
- Participate in structural technical specification and bid tabulations.
- Participate in Hazardous Operations (HAZOP) reviews as required.
- Manage project related internal and external communications with Customer, Contractor’s suppliers and project personnel.
- Interfacing with FPSO Construction manager and resolving structural engineering issues that may arise during fabrication and construction.
What you will need:
Experience in construction and fabrication of new build FPSO’s.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in Engineering (Naval Architecture) or equivalent.
- Significant experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on complex project execution including FPSO’s or deep water projects.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of oil and gas development.
- Strong experience working in a shipyard during fabrication phase.
- Must have strong leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary and package
- Chance to work with an industry leading EPC