|Job Title:||Hull Construction Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Hull Construction Engineer to work on major projects in South Korea on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Provide construction and fabrication expertise and support for the FPSO project as it transitions through the phases of detailed design, fabrication, installation, hook-up and commissioning.
- Ensure that the FPSO hull is fabricated to operate in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally acceptable and cost effective.
- Ensure that the FPSO hull is constructed and fully operational in accordance with the project master schedule to meet the Customer’s business objectives.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Asset Basis of Design.
- Technical, practical and leadership experience in FPSO construction and proven experience in working within a construction team.
- Assisting the Construction Manager in the development of numerous plans, schedules and budgets in addition to the development of the site organizational structure.
- Managing the fabrication of the FPSO hull and significant liaison with the turret integration and interfaces, including the review of associated plans and procedures, and will assist with the system completion and turnover to commissioning and operations.
- Interfacing with FPSO topsides, SURF, and subsea production system equipment teams.
- Oversight of Customer’s Contractor representatives needed to oversee effective FPSO hull fabrication, turret integration, system completion and turnover by the shipyard Contractor at site.
What you will need:
- Experience in construction and fabrication of new build FPSO’s.
- Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in Engineering (Naval Architecture) or equivalent.
- Significant experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on complex project execution including FPSO’s or deep water projects.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of oil and gas development.
- Sound experience with hull construction and fabrication, including integration of internal turrets.
- Must have strong leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary and package
- Chance to work with an industry leading EPC