||HGV Technicians (LFB Fleet)
|Temp or Perm:
Nrl are recruiting for a number of experienced HGV Technicians to service and repair motor vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required. This will be working for one of our leading clients on an initial 6 month contract basis at Ruislip, Middlesex.
Hours: 40hours – 8 Hours per day, rotating early/late shift 06.00 – 14.30/13.30 – 22.00
About The Role:
What You Will Need:
- To understand the importance of following procedures, method statements, work instructions, risk assessments for this role.
- To service, maintain and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided.
- To work in an efficient and productive manner, achieving the targets set out and agreed with workshop operation manager/supervisors
- To operate a ‘Fix First Time’ way of working ensuring quality of work is at the utmost standard and meets/exceeds any inspection carried out.
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary.
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Supervisor and correct completion of paperwork.
- To order from the parts department all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work.
- To interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data. Implement by applying correct techniques.
- To ensure at all times that equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition and to report any shortages or damaged/faulty equipment to the Transport Manager.
- To use adequate protection for vehicles against damage or soiling by use of appropriate covers
- To keep working area in a clean and safe condition, dispose of displaced material, fluids, packaging etc. into receptacles provided.
- To be in possession of a comprehensive hand tool kit and a full driving licence.
- HGV Class 2 licence preferable
- Scania and Mercedes experience preferable