|| HGV Auto Electrician (LFB Fleet)
|Temp or Perm:
Nrl are recruiting for a number of experienced HGV Auto Electricians to service and repair motor vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required. This will be working for one of our leading clients on an initial 6 month contract basis at Ruislip, Middlesex.
Hours: 40hours – 8 Hours per day, rotating early/late shift 06.00 – 14.30/13.30 – 22.00
About The Role:
What You Will Need:
- To operate a ‘Fix First Time’ way of working ensuring quality of work is at the utmost standard and meets/exceeds any inspection carried out.
- To understand the importance of following procedures, method statements, work instructions, risk assessments for this role.
- To work in an efficient and productive manner, achieving the targets set out and agreed with workshop operation manager/supervisors.
- To service, maintain and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary.
- Order from the parts department all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work
- Observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Supervisor and correct completion of paperwork
- Ensure the correct completion of all job related documentation (job cards, parts orders, logbooks etc.) including job write-ups
- Interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data. Implement by applying correct techniques
- Take a pro-active role in the continuous improvement process applied to vehicle and operational equipment inspection, servicing and repair processes and associated documentation
- Keep abreast of improvements and techniques and to ensure all aspects of work meet departmental quality standards
- Able to build rapport and maintain relationships
- Professional, customer orientated and flexible approach
- Experience in servicing and repairing HGVs/LGVs
- Experience of managing issues effectively via telephone
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Level 3 -Auto-Electric Maintenance
- Eligible to obtain SC Clearance
- HGV Class 2 licence preferable
- Scania and Mercedes experience preferable