|Job Title:||Graduate Electrical Development Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Aerospace & Aviation|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in Prestwick is looking to recruit an Electrical Development Engineer on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- In the position, successful applicants will be exposed to a wide range of problems, building upon their education and experience alongside formal training courses and supported registration leading to chartership with the relevant professional institution.
- As an Electrical Development Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and tuning control systems to extract the best performance from the mechanical systems available. As your experience in laser systems develops, you will be expected to bring forward your own concepts which can be implemented in future generations of products. Projects will be supervised by managers but you will be quickly given responsibility to manage the resources allocated to you and lead your own projects.
- The position will be based in Prestwick but will involve some worldwide travel to support existing projects and products alongside developing future opportunities.
- Working with Mechanical and Software Development Engineering teams to develop new system concepts and prototypes
- Research and testing of new technology
- Building electrical control panels for prototype and custom systems
- Assist in commissioning of custom production cells
- Development of testing plans before carrying out testing routines on bench and prototype systems
- Preparation of manufacturing release documents including full drawings packs, user manuals and maintenance and fault findings documents
What you will need?
- BEng/BSc Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics & Automation, Physics or similar
- CAD experience
- Experience in using workshop tools and test equipment
- Logical working approach
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Join a market leading company going through a period of growth
- Attractive prospects and long-term development