||GIS Data Coordinator
|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for a GIS Data Coordinator on behalf of one of their consultancy clients. This role would involved working client-side supporting one of the largest UK rail projects on a contract basis until March 2020 out of their Euston office.
About the role:
Working within the Construction Directorate and reporting to the Information Manager, this role will support HS2 in the form of spatial data management and analysis, cartography and related GIS activities. The role requires strong GIS technical skills in automated workflows, data management/modelling and data analysis and transformation.
The post holder will be working with the other technical teams in Construction Directorate with a particular focus on GIS, BIM and Asset Information Management.
What you will need:
- Apply GIS and data management skills, principles and knowledge to support all GIS assignments and tasks.
- Apply best practices and industry standards to inform data management and analytical GIS tasks to a high standard.
- Maintain the GIS database in line with project standards and procedures, ensuring data integrity, quality and auditability.
- Undertake the delivery and exchange of GIS information deliverables / data to and from the Supply Chain including the ensuring supply chain MIDP and MPDT are delivered against.
- Contribute to reviews of spatial data standards, procedures and quality assurance. Responsible for developing and documenting ETL workflows for HS2 and supply chain users.
- Carry out the BIM audit function for the assigned contract area, supporting audits where necessary.
- Raise GIS awareness, education and training of project staff within assigned contract area and as necessary, and within Supply Chain.
- Promote digital transformation in all areas where greater efficiency can be gained.
- Contribute to data specifications and standards to ensure consistent creation of spatial data;
- Communicate early and effectively on the status of work products to the Information Manager;
- Ensure reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety including those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 S.A.F.E programme principles;
- Co-operate with HS2 in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Qualification in GIS or Geography or similar;
- Proven experience in using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10x including spatial analyst and 3D analyst extensions;
- Proven experience in developing Safe FME workbenches to support ETL, preferably for data translations between Bentley CAD DGNs and ESRI GIS formats;
- Proven experience in Model Builder and writing Python scripts and building custom Toolbox’s for ArcGIS to automate tasks;
- Demonstrable experience in managing large volumes of spatial data from a variety of sources and verifying/validating spatial data;
- Experience of carrying out data quality and assurance processes and audits.
What’s in it for you:
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS Server product stack;
- Knowledge of INSPIRE, PSMA and the Open Government License;
- Knowledge of web GIS solutions desirable;
- Understanding of mobile solutions;
- Working knowledge to apply Windows batch processes, schedule tasks and scripts.
- Competitive rate on offer
- Potential for an extension
- Experience working on one of the largest UK infrastructure projects