|Job Title:||GB Foreign Trade Co-ordinator|
|Salary||£30000 per hour|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in Glenrothes is looking to recruit a GB Foreign Trade Co-ordinator for an immediate start for a an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of extension.
About the role:
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation as well as application and full alignment with the company Central Directive "Customs"
- to develop and maintain cost efficient foreign trade processes as well as to achieve savings
- to apply for beneficial customs procedures and authorization (AEO etc.)
- to secure the fulfilment of authorisations’ obligations (performing internal controls, invoice verification, etc.)
- to process, monitor and control (KPI) customs clearance in the UK
- to coordinate all brokers or customs authorities requests with the relevant company functions
- to perform audits and evaluation of external service providers
- to attend and assist in customs audits and ensure all documentation is available for the customs auditors
- to consult on foreign trade questions
- to support the on-boarding of the nominated brokers following the tender completion to ensure the specific business requirements of the individual GB’s are represented fully
- to support CP/LOF-GB with the continual development of business processes to support the UK businesses with their customs procedures
- to provide day-to-day feedback to the nominated brokers when dealing with queries relating to the processing of customs declarations:
- Tariff Classification
- Valuation of Goods (Import & Export)
- Declaration of origin of the goods
- to provide day-to-day feedback to the nominated brokers/carriers when dealing with typical delivery related queries (bookings, late arrivals etc)
- to support CP/LOF-GB when attending monthly business review meetings with the Brokers to ensure the requirements of the business are being met
Internal Control System
- to ensure compliance with relevant legislation as well as application and full alignment with the company Central Directive "Customs"
- to develop monthly sample checks to ensure all Import declarations were correctly cleared from the previous month
- to develop monthly sample checks to ensure Import and Export declarations have been made with the correct information (Customs Value, Origin, HS Codes etc)
- to ensure the storage of all checks are aligned to audit recommendations i.e. digitally signed PDF’s
- to continue to develop processes in line with the new regulations/requirements
- for those GB’s who have AEO Certification, there is additional responsibility to ensure there is continual high focus for the maintenance of this certification along with the necessary process improvements
- To ensure any manual Export Declarations are carried out correctly including the collation and archiving of Proof of Export
- to ensure any Export Declarations carried out using SAP GTS are checked correctly prior to submission
What you will need?
- Strong desire for personal development
- Ideal to have theoretical knowledge of logistics and customs processes
- An understanding with regards to classification, valuation and origin
- Ability to communication at all levels within the organisation and with external service providers
- Experience working in a Customer Service environment
What’s in it for you?
- Negotiable salary
- 6-12 month contract