|Job Title:||Fabrication Methods Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are recruiting for a globally recognised Renewable Energy and Oil & Gas design contractor based in Surrey.
About the role:
- Develop fabrication procedures, study and define operations for structural components integrity in temporary intermediate conditions like lifting and handling of subassemblies or load out, develop and issue calculations and procedure for lifting, weighing, handling, load-out and ballasting
- Support yard erection activities providing assistance when needed
- Provide support during the bidding and project start up phases in the definition of most appropriate erection methods / sequences and layout in the construction areas
- Participate to Detail Engineering Phase for Construction related issues
- Prepare the Fabrication plan and identifies the planning issues in terms of field critical operations
- Participate to prepare the erection / construction sequence / method statement
- Define and finalize systems details for any type of transport / transfer inside and outside the yard
- Define and finalize systems details, structural verifications and analysis for every lifting operation, prepare and issue of calculation reports
- Define and prepare the subcontractor scope of work for structural studies related issue
- Study, define the method procedures, dedicated tools and equipment of the critical operations like Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing and Load-out
- Prepare and issue the procedures for Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing, Load-out
- Participate in critical operations like Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing and Load-out
- Define, design and detail, according to the certification body requirements, barge selection, marine transport conditions, grillage and seafastening
- Ensure the interface with the certification authorities
- Ensure the interfaces with the Construction team (HSE coordinator, Quality Control coordinator, Prefabrication and Erection functions,) and assist it as needed
- Participate to prepare the HSE Plan for critical operations like Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing and Load-out
- Ensure the interfaces with the Client Engineering / Methods department and with the Head Office Engineering department
- Check the conformity and congruence of technical documentation received from Head Office and Clients making it available to the Construction / Fabrication team
- Analyse the technical aspects of the feasibility of the construction works providing information on the actual on-site availability of facilities, tools, documents, materials, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Rates
- Chance to work an industry leading engineering EPC contractor.