|Job Title:||External Works Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
An industry leading defence contractor are seeking to recruit an External Works Manager for work in Plymouth on a contract basis.
10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
The purpose of the 10 Dock External Works Manager (IM22) post is:
Responsible for delivery of the following scope items of external works elements (refer to CDMS 000153921 Assessment Phase Scope for further details of External Works scope):-
- Facility Boundary (security fence)
- Facility Entry & Exit points
- Facility Roadways
- Facility Lay-apart / Laydown areas
- Waste Management Area
- Pedestrian Barriers
- Submarine Dock Access/Egress (SPOA)
- Vehicle Impact barriers
- Demountable Flood Barriers
- Dockside Ancillaries
- Drainage - Foul Water
- Drainage - Surface Water
- Ducts (for cables, small pipes)
- Trenches (cables, large pipes)
- Subway vertical access points (covers)
- Lighting, TV and Comms column bases
- Plant Plinths
- Plant Perm Bunds
- Line Marking
- Miscellaneous Metalwork (incl. Bollards, Fairleads etc.)
About the role:
- Develop overall 10 Dock External Works strategies for Design and Procurement and Capability demonstration.
- Review/approve the scope and System Requirements to define the separate sub-systems required.
- Review/Approve Scopes of Work (SoW) for Design House (DH) input to design and deliverables.
- Approve interface management process for External Works interfacing with other 10 Dock systems and adjacent Dockyard systems to ensure scope boundary is agreed.
- Ensure communication and liaison with the other Design Leads, other Design Houses, UAG/XUAG, Technical Authority and other stakeholders is appropriate.
- Review/approve articulation of how the external works design packages will deliver the capability functions. Capture of the design concepts within an overall Facility layout by interfacing with the discipline leads and users.
- Ensure coordination of the operational aspects of the system designs into an overall facility operational concept to demonstrate functional capability.
- Plan for effective project implementation ensuring compliance with all relevant company/project arrangements, including for example BIM.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with our clients Business Management System and MIP Design & Safety Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Approve Design House (DH) Scheme Phase deliverables and process updated.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks (Health, Safety & Environmental) associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
What you will need:
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline eg. Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
- NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
- NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering (ITSE).