|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in South Killingholm is looking to recruit an Expeditor on an initial 12 month contract.
About the role
- Accountable for on time delivery of items required for the execution of the Humber refinery maintenance and project schedules in a timely, cost effective and value adding manner under the framework of established procure to pay and expediting processes. Accountable for expediting activities including supplier site visits, status reporting and excellent communication and liaison with Inspection to ensure quality is achieved and early warnings on deviations to schedule are highlighted in a timely manner and business decisions made to address problem areas.
- Monitor and expedite as required orders to ensure the work execution schedules are maintained
- Participation in pre-award engineering FEL meetings as required
- Work with business stakeholders to understand schedules and requirements for each area
- Development and continuous improvement of an expediting request system including:
- Frequency and timing of supplier visits to comply with the expediting plan ensuring the quality of reporting is being maintained
- Ensuring the engineering schedule has been reviewed and is being maintained
- Monitoring status of drawing & documents submission and return
- Ensuring sub-orders are being placed and delivered to support the manufacturing schedule
- Ensuring supplier’s expediting of critical sub-orders is being performed
- Ensuring potential slippages are being identified and communicated early and corrective action is being addressed
- Advising any delivery impacts immediately with suggested corrective actions
- Ensure delivery forecasts are communicated
- Responsibility for Supplier Relationship Management in partnership with Procurement with a number of suppliers and assist in driving improvement activities leading to improved performance overall
- Ensure excellent communication on emergent issues impacting required by dates
- Facilitate proposals and negotiations around schedule recovery action when slippages occur
- Compile weekly status reports on equipment status and vendor order books
- Understand criticality of materials being expediting
- Responsible for feedback into the Approved Manufacturers / Fabricators process
- Provide input into and monitor vendor performance
- Liaise with Technical department when required
- Liaise with Projects Inspector and Inspection Group and ensure supplier visits are co-ordinated
- Responsible for the recording, tracking and follow up of actions from supplier expediting visits
- Ensure quality plans,weld procedures, inspection and test plans are followed including inspection hold points as per contract
- Involvement in factory acceptance testing as required
- Responsible for liaison with procurement and freight forwarding company to ensure efficient release and shipment where applicable
What you will need?
- Knowledge of equipment and its components.
- Good communication skills both written and oral Good computer skills
- Confident/capable when dealing with suppliers and colleagues Knowledge of purchasing systems & processes
- Be able to balance long/short term priorities
- Have courage to expose and resolve conflicts in an efficient manner.
- Establish priorities and develops critical tasks
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Customer focused
- Innovative & responsive
- Appropriate engineering or QA/QC qualification
- QA/QC experience
- Experience in project expediting
- Must be able to travel approx 25% of time if required
What’s in it for you?
- A longterm contract role
- Negotiable rate.