|Job Title:||Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are recruiting for Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendents for multiple overseas locations. Our client based in Surrey requires individuals for rotational vacancies in locations including: Algeria, Uzbekistan, Ireland & Holland.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the GC1 or 2 Construction Manager and indirectly to the overall Construction Site Manager. This role may include the supervision of all or some of the AP Instrument and Electrical Construction Supervisors.
- The successful execution of all the instrument and electrical scope in accordance with the project schedule, cost and other KPIs.
- Responsibility for the safe execution of the work being supervised.
- The in-direct management of a team of instrument and electrical sub-contractor’s Construction Foremen and Chargehands as agreed at site. These contracts will cover all aspects of:
- field instrument installation (electric and pneumatic), control value hook up, rack installation, instrument stand installation, cable pulling and termination, DCS installation, optical data highway installation and connection as well as any other work falling within the Instrument Installation Contractors scope,
- HV equipment installation, cable pulling and terminations, all aspects of MV and LV equipment, junction box, MCC installation, lighting and small power distribution and services installation and the QC testing and pre-commissioning of all these pieces of equipment and systems.
- QC inspection to include pre-commissioning, calibration, continuity loop checking etc. and then the continuation of responsibility to the Commissioning and Start Up phase of function loop checking and systems commissioning
- Maintain a strong and effective professional working relationship with the AP Project Management, AP Construction Manager, Client, interfacing EPC’s, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders
- Maintain an open and effective communication channel with the site project team, Site Project Manager and with the Offshore Senior Project Manager
- Represent the Company in meetings with the interfacing EPC’s, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders. Lead meetings and record minutes of meetings as required.
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Safety, Security and Quality plans
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Execution Plan
- Provide strong leadership and coordination to ensure the site team is working effectively to achieve the project KPI’s. Identify and address risks and issues, escalating to the Site Project Manager and Senior Project Manager as required
- Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritisation and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site, escalating to the Construction Manager and Site Project Manager as required.
- Manage all expenditures at the site in accordance with Company and Project Procedures, and Delegation of Authority
- Manage time capture and approvals for all reimbursable supervision team resources as required
- Deputise for the Construction Manager if required
- Write regular progress reports as required by the GC1/2 and Overall Construction Managers.
What you will need:
- Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline e.g. electrical, control and instrumentation etc.
- Significant experience in Construction on industrial gases, oil & gas or related industry projects which should be construction site based.
- Have a thorough knowledge and proven ability in construction and erection techniques with emphasis on HV electrical including HV motors, switchgear and transformers, MV electrical equipment and LV electrical and building services including small power and lighting.
- Knowledge of CENELEC, IEC, NEC and BS and International electrical Codes.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the international industry codes and standards related to intrinsically safe systems and electrical systems for instrumentation including ISA RP12.6, ISA RP12.2.02, ISA TR12., ANSI MC96.1, IEEE 518, IEEE 1100, IEC 60529, NEMA ICS 6, NEMA 250, NEMA VE 1, NEMA VE 2, NFPA 70/NEC and UL 94.
- Team Player
- Strong communicator written and oral
- Strong and effective coordinator
- Organised, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
- Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel
- Report writing skills
- Experience of working in a multicultural project team
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Industrial gas construction experience
- Air separation construction experience
- Experience of constructing multiple repeat train projects
- Experience of managing construction on behalf of the client rather than through an EPC
- Experience of executing Bill of Quantity construction contracts
What’s in it for you?
- 8/2 and 6/2 rotational roles
- Competitive daily pay rates