|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work with a consultancy based in Dublin.
About the role:
Candidates should be an Electrical Engineer with significant experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Electrical Engineering and Control Systems.
Candidates must possess excellent technical skills and written ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware, be punctual, have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to meet deadlines and liaise successfully with clients. Candidates will also need to be proficient in CAD, Word, Excel, and must be familiar with electrical engineering design software suites such as Amtech or Easypower or PTW etc. Experience with BIM/Revit systems is essential.
The successful candidate will be involved on various projects including data centre, biopharma / pharma, medical devices, food, and drink sectors as well as on some government projects. The expectation shall be that the candidate has held a similar position previously in his/her career. It is imperative that the successful candidate be familiar with MV & LV power distribution and fully conversant current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations)
What you will need:
- Lighting design using Dialux
- MV/LV MCC design including, SLD preparation, breaker sizing, overload settings etc.
- MV/LV cable sizing
- Containment sizing
- Emergency lighting design to current regulations
- Fire-alarm design to current regulations
- Preparation of electrical designs and draughting of same (lighting/floor plans, etc.)
- Checking of electrical drawings
- Site work, dealing with clients/electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
What’s in it for you:
- CPD Training